My Brain On Blogging
The latest in blog, tips, reader comments and questions answered! I wanted to continue this tradition I started here because I enjoy doing it and it gets some good comments!
Are you one of the millions of bloggers not making any income? Or maybe you only make enough to pay for lunch a few times a week? Don’t you want more?
This quote is from The Pursuit of Happiness, Chris (Title Character) talking to his son:
“Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me. All right?
You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell
you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.”
The Latest In Blog:
Have you tried any of the forums lately? I heard from a friend a few days ago call out “The Worry-er Forum”..hah! That’s funny! Okay my point is getting your site exposed also requires getting out there among some of your peers and even competition. Be part of a conversation thread or answer some questions. Whatever your niche is you need to be there, where ever that is. Get it? Look at it this way….you are in a business meeting for YOUR brand (site/blog/etc.) and at the table with you are the people you expect ideas from. After all what are you paying them for anyway, sitting around (heck no)! So these two marketers stand up and say, “with this campaign we will get you exposure all over the place!” You ever hear of Tata Motors? Maybe you have, but unless you live close to India it’s a good bet you haven’t! Because they don’t market the world yet (yes they’re working on it). So with that in mind, why would you rely solely on free methods and S.E.O., or Adsense and Amazon to get your blog or sites exposure to your market? Not long ago I went through an airport in China and watched a Oldsmobile commercial! Marketing! That’s what getting on the forums and into the communities is all about, the more exposure you have to YOUR market the better! So go check out the groups on Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc. It’s going to take some of your time but it’s worth it, grow it slowly and allow the communities of your niche to know you! Thank me later!
- Something wild and crazy is going on over at LinkedIn, they’re now delving into the dating market! Yes I know, but why not? Do you think that’s innovation? I think LinkedIn is looking at their competition and seeing their market share and volume steadily not growing the way many others are. What’s weird for me is that even though I have a LinkedIn page for GTGuilloryonline.com I do very little action wise with it. Maybe you’re like me, I thought it was about jobs and networking but LinkedIn’s brain works much different than mine (I’m a little crazy anyway, but I’m not figuring it out yet). Still I average about 1 new person every week to my network there, who knew I didn’t have to do anything?
- If you haven’t connected with me on the Social sites yet, you can find me on Skype (Glenn T Guillory, Colorado Springs), Twitter (@glenntguillory), and Google+ (Glenn Guillory, GenEnTech00, company page GTGuilloryonline.com). I’m usually doing something there daily except for Sundays (can’t find any parking on Sunday!Hah!).
- I still haven’t had my Traffic Blast yet so I don’t have any updates on that yet but it’s coming! Yes now I’m back to using both GetResponse, Aweber all over again! Maybe I just didn’t learn my lesson last year! I’ve turned it into a plus though because I was actually lacking in my posts here and I’m still getting more things moved into place.
I like to go through the comments from time to time and provide answers to questions, yes I also try to reply to every comment too (some of these are from older posts I’ve done here). Alexa has given me an extra work load in that now I also check your comment links and it’s something you should do for your site too. Here’s why, broken or links that don’t go where intended will hurt your standing so you need to fix them or fire them….”Yoouuuuur FIRE-ERRRRD-Duh!” Okay, on to the comments:
- Q – “Does having a site like yours take a lot of work?”
A – Actually yes it does, but it’s not hard and I love what I’m doing! When you’re setting up a new site or blog, you will need your favorite plug-ins installed, customize your theme, monetize and write content! Once that’s done you can write about 2 to 3 times a week (yes I know, I’m slacking but I’ve been working on the behind the scenes stuff! So there!). Once all of that’s caught up though it’s fairly easy and you could average 2-4 hours a day working on your blog or site! The key is getting started and taking action.
- Q – “I’m kinda shy and not good at talking with people, how do I write good articles for my blog?”
A – Practice, for this reason alone I recommend you blog or create site content around YOUR passions! Sounds easy right? Have you ever talked to someone about what you love to do? Eating, fishing or whatever? I would almost bet that you’re like a runaway motorcycle (reeennnannnannnnnn, rennananannn, wheeeeeeeeeeennnnn) yeah like that when you’re talking about what you love! Your kids, clothes, what are you passionate about? That’s what you write about because that’s what’s real and really you’re already an expert or soon to be one on the subject. Just don’t go with what’s in your head alone, do the research and know what you’re talking about. We all love to hear passion! Again, repetition is the key!
- Q – “My site looks funny on my phone but yours looks great, got any suggestions?”
A – This is my business, I’ve invested in it to be successful. All you really need is to get a domain and hosting, you can get started fairly cheap with Name.com and Bluehost.com. Once you do that, most of the themes today have compatibility with mobile so no need to get something extra( every theme that has “Responsive” in it’s name is also mobile ready). If in doubt just ask your support before you buy, “is this mobile compatible?”. If you are just getting started better safe than sorry, ask someone because now it’s important to your search rankings.
- Q – “Do you have guest writers on your blog? I have a blog with a similar niche if you would like to write something.”
A – No guest writers at this time because I’m only at this part time now, and yes I would guest write on your blog! The few things I would require is for you to send me an email with your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to check out the latest happenings on the Site here: gtguilloryonline.com/blog
I hope you got a few somethings of use on My Brain On Blogging! Until the next….stay tuned!
Dedicated To YOUR Success!