Blogging Like A Rock Star? How you can grow your audience to new heights with these easy to use tips.
Admittedly I am not the biggest fan of free methods, trying “appease” Google will make most new Bloggers heads spin. I primarily use paid methods but I do all that I can to also learn and put to use S.E.O. and other low cost methods. Why? Well because I have customers and a growing audience, it pays off in the long term to learn all that you can about your craft. So let’s dive into the Tips!
Content Is Only King If It’s Great:
How do you make your content great? Great content passes the “I’m not bored with this” test. Think about it, does your Headline get attention? Can you grab new readers attention with eye catching visuals, engaging videos and easy flow writing style? Dust off your Crown and utilize some of these ingredients;
- Headlines To Grab Your Readers Attention! Keep your Headlines short but sweet, related and matching. The best Headlines will grab the readers attention, “okay you got me for a few more seconds”. The best thing to know is that your Headline can grab a readers attention but what follows needs to do the same. Here’s an example, “10 Tips To Make Money From Your Blog!” “How To Write Great Content In 3 Easy Steps!” Readers love lists, numbers & don’t like to be confused by headlines that don’t fit the content that follows it.
- Meta Descriptions, if you’re using a free platform most often the Meta-Title & Description are derived from your heading. So you want a good and concise description of what the content is right in the heading. This is important not only for S.E.O. but when your Posts or Article show up in other places not have a good Description in the heading will leave your posts way in the back of the line! On Self Hosted sites the Meta-Title & Description areas are usually located directly below the content box when your creating & editing, be sure to fill those in before hitting “publish”.
- Adding images & video will make your content more appealing! What are great images? Your images should be related to your content but should also evoke a response like, “Eewww”, “Cute”, “Funny”, “Cool”, “Laughter”. Images that create a internal response or a emotional aspect help to make your content a “hit”. You want hits and not duds, let me put it this way….”Who would you rather listen to on any given day..1) A dreary professor or 2) A teacher that makes learning fun?” Give value and keep it interesting. Some of the coolest images you can use are on Flickr. Pick the ones that give you a particular feeling (use creative commons, they’re free). Make a note that you will get the best response from images that convey happiness vs images that convey sadness or anger.
How To Add Your Rock Star Elements:
You’re Niche or Market are constantly on the search for value, the stuff they want. How to lose weight quickly, great diet with little exercise, developing the best golf swing, making money online, the best foods to eat, make money blogging, who’s dating the hot people, etc. Where ever you fit into your chosen Niche, you must attack some of the common keywords and keyword phrases. Continue to use these same keywords through out every post, but do this for your audience and not the search engines! Don’t let S.E.O. dictate to you what’s popular, let your audience do that. One of the best examples is Pat Flynn, his primary keyword phrase “Smart Passive Income” didn’t exist until he built the audience for it. Go ahead and Google Search “Smart Passive Income”, Pat Flynn is there multiple times on the first and subsequent pages! His primary keyword wasn’t even a searchable traffic keyword until he built his audience around it! Now you would have to pay and arm or leg to outrank him for it or spit out ba-jillions (hey it’s not a word but you get the point), of content targeting what is basically his keyword phrase!
Target primary keywords (about 4 that are searched and have traffic that’s 5K to 50K per month as a start) that aren’t the most popular but have decent amount of people searching. I recommend using U.S. search numbers to start with. These are your “Hub” keywords, now also add some related keyword phrases of your primary ones, these are like satellites to your primary keywords. These targeted keywords will help you build up an audience, but always provide great value with your content by helping them solve the biggest problems or pains in your Niche.
- Always ask yourself before hitting publish, “did I just provide great value”? What’s the answer, “Yes it’s pretty good!”, “Maybe”, “Meh”, “Blech”? Don’t rewrite the whole thing, read it and then revise! An old writer’s saying goes something like this, “write like your drunk and edit like your sober”. Think that’s a Hemingway quote. Direct your writing as if you are talking directly to the reader, get them involved by asking questions and providing them with value. Great value beats “fluff” all the time! Read your post out loud just to make sure it makes sense and sounds good, use a friend as a sounding board if it helps.
- Use the greatest source EVER to assist you! Whenever you get stuck and need some fresh ideas to write about, this is what I do – First I think about, “what do I know now that I wished I knew before about my Niche?”. Second if I want to know about a new subject or want some good research for an idea I search YouTube for “how to ___ fill in the blank”. Third and last I search other blogs in my own Niche for more ideas! That alone should keep you swimming in great content!
Above all it is the consistency of doing all these things together that will ultimately build your great audience of eager readers. Now just when you thought that was it I’ve got some Secret Sauce to give you! Just by adding these 3 elements, you will start getting somewhere from day one (well almost but this will be one of your most rewarding habits, promise!). For every post, page, article or promotion, all the way to the emails you send out. Include these 3 elements:
- Reach – Is the content reaching your targeted audience where they are?
- Engagement – Did you include a great Call To Action? “Click Here”, “Comment Below”, ask your audience to do something. You never get anything if you don’t ask for it.
- Conversion – Did you include a method to get leads onto a list, buy a product, sign up for your Webinar, etc.?
Hope you enjoyed the value today, share with a peer or friend and make sure you check out gtguilloryonline.com for more of The Goods!
Until the next,
Your Friend Glenn