Making Money Online – Getting Started After You Have A Product Offer
Now that you’ve found an offer (affiliate offer or your own creation), and you know it’s the best thing since sliced bread! Woo hoo! What do you do now? Here is how to get started once you have an good converting offer!
NOTE: Getting started your offer needs to have at a minimum: High converting landing/capture pages, alternate offers (pages that encourage Opt-In and/or sales when visitor chooses to leave the 1st page), and most of all Opt-In to capture emails to your list (also called a lead capture page). Offering your own product should also have a means to capture the emails of interested buyers.
- Never have any offer that doesn’t allow you to capture emails to your list.
With your offer know that you will undoubtedly get more visitors to the offer, than you will generate sales for it (typical for your first). Depending upon the offer and the amount of control you have towards the capture pages, diversity can be your best friend. Having multiple styles of the offer (capture pages, ads), allows you to split test against subtle differences to the offer. This can be different colors to your backgrounds, varied images and slightly different ad copy (one of my mentors is making “smooch” lips increase conversions!). If you’re using media buying ads with your offer, a good rule of thumb is to have at least 10 – 15 or more variations of the ad to find the winning combination.
Split testing and tracking –
- Even if you’ve never done an A/B test before it’s something that every marketer that makes money has, so you want to get started doing this and gain your own experience. What ever you feel the most comfortable with for your ads, this can be Solo’s, JV Partnerships, Swaps with other sites or blogs and text ads. Once you’ve started sending small amounts of traffic to the offer you’re going to use your variations. Remember this is a testing phase so limit the size of exposure to keep costs down. This testing will show you which variations perform better for sales, Opt-Ins, buyer locations and even more data than I have room to mention here. The goal is to identify what variation works best and where your traffic is actually coming from. The best performing variation will be your main choice to send the traffic to. MITSPages is another great resource for capturing leads, making sales, etc. The best part is you can use the free version (one time only $1 charge).
- Sometimes you will encounter having two or three of your variations that are extremely close in their performance. You will still want to go with the best performing variation but you can take an element of the best to tweak and test the other variation again.
- One of the biggest benefits of affiliate offers is most of the testing for the best converting pages has been done for you! The negatives are that most affiliate offers don’t allow you to change anything if at all, and all that testing was really for the creator benefit more so than for the affiliate. That benefit of control goes to having your own offer but you have to do all the initial split testing yourself. Find an offer of similar qualities to help your own, you can use whatrunswhere.com or adbeat.com for insights but I don’t recommend long term use of these for beginners because it can be an expense your business won’t pay for right away.
- The mantra of many successful marketers is “always be testing”! Doing this gives you experience to quickly identify who, what, when, where & how. Who is your target audience, what factors can be attributed to your audience, when the best times occur for marketing to your audience and where your audience is in the web. The “how” is figured out from a combination of all the other factors as you determine your audience. For example if you’re marketing a weight loss offer, your audience will be primarily female and ages 35 – 60 (pretty close). Example: marketing a weight loss offer to males 25 – 40 years old would not be the best optimization of your offer, you might even end up losing money! Know your audience!
- Tracking the clicks to each page from your offer pages, ads, articles and sites is one of the greatest needs of marketing (try bitly and/or tinyurl). Tracking allows you to get data from your tests and lets you build easy links. A tracking pixel allows you to insert into your offer pages a tracking to help you collect click-through rates and performance of different pages in your offer and allows re-targeting. I used to use Sitescout.com pixels with my ads but I now use Facebook (they have tracking pixels too), for my links. Both allow you to track conversions, create trackers for pages and give you reports on all the data collected.
Setting Up Your Auto-Responder –
- Your Opt-In is usually in the first page of the offer, the data you actually collect is up to you. I usually just set mine up for first name and email address but some affiliate offers and different niches may require you to collect more data. For instance a lead collecting offer my require you to provide first & last name, email address, age and phone number of each lead to collect your commission. Placing your Opt-In on the page is usually just simple as copy and pasting the code from your auto-responder. Other times it can prove confusing for me (can’t explain it but sometimes I don’t get it), if you can find a good tech free lancer they usually don’t charge much to do this.
- The auto-responder has already had you to name this list and personalize the “Thank you” response before creating the code to install onto your page. After the install, go back to your auto-responder and start building your down/up selling emails and thank you page (most auto-responders have a thank you after your leads confirm the Opt-In). Recommend that you set a personal “Thank you” email set to “send immediately” after someone signs up. This can be done in the “follow-up” series for the list in your auto-responder dashboard. I really like Aweber, that’s what I use and you can get started building your list with Aweber here and your first month will only be $1: Get Aweber Here
Getting Traffic To Your Offer –
This is without a doubt THE area that everyone has a problem with at some point in their business. Even those offers that tell you “no site, no experience required”, are a bit misleading. Why? Because you will need every benefit at your disposal to market your offer for traffic! If you don’t have money or your budget is so small it can only be seen under a microscope, you want every advantage you can get!
- Use every free traffic source at your disposal:
- S.E.O. niche marketing with a free blog advertising your offer
- Forums marketing, active participation in the forums for your niche (approx. 10 – 20)
- Press releases, use multiple free services. Understand that this is just putting you and or your offer out among the Internet and will release itself as basically your article or snippet. Treat these as if you were writing a great article that captures peoples attention and makes them feel THEY NEED what you’re offering, (many services will not accept without a site/domain or URL)
- Article writing, most of the popular article magazines (I have used myezinesarticles.com the most), will publish a limited number of your articles for free. They already have traffic looking for great articles, join 4 – 6 of these free publishing sites. Write an article related to your niche EVERYDAY, spin the article slightly for each site. Some of the sites will check the Web to make sure your article hasn’t been published before somewhere else (another service that will not work without a reference URL/site or blog).
- Social Media is a great free marketing tool, Pinterest, Facebook, Myspace, Tumblr, Twitter, too many to name! Even if you’re already on these sites you can still use them for your business. Set up a company email (don’t forget to check it often) and tie your social sites to the company email. Here’s the secret sauce (one that I didn’t know myself) if you’re just getting your business up choose your name wisely. Unless YOUR name is directly related to your niche (my first name is actually money, lol). Choose something that goes with your keyword phrase as your company name, email address, etc. Why? It will give you more back link juice because you will be starting out with more links and help kick start your authority.
- Google+ and YouTube I have listed separately because it’s just that important. Google is the number one search engine and does the most important page ranking. Page ranking equals traffic, so link your site or blog with a Google+ page. YouTube information should have it’s own article but since I still haven’t posted videos yet it wouldn’t make much sense. Did you know that you can blog on YouTube? Yes! Here’s the thing, and this just started late 2013 in a serious way. Do a Google search of your niche (or any popular niche), video’s are ranked in Google search! That means another free means of Traffic! You want to make sure that the videos you make for the offer contain your offers link and keyword phrase in the description.
These tips I’ve outlined here will help you make money online! Always do your research, marketers that have a mid-sized audience will be the ones you want to emulate and or out rank. The world wide web is the greatest tool ever created and there is so much information to be found, sometimes you just have to know the right question to ask it. If you can do this, you will definitely MAKE MONEY! Now that you’re on your way I have to ask, did you click the lips or the title below them? Insert my huge maniacal laugh right here.
Even more future success,